Back to Job Openings
Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Halifax, NS.Fully remote is acceptable
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
REIN is aventure-backed technology company that solves the complexities of embeddedinsurance experiences, allowing global brands and insurers to innovate withease and flexibility. While REIN’s platform solution is uniquelypositioned to bring the world’s largest brands and leading insurance carrierstogether, it is our team that truly sets us apart. With seasoned operators andtechnology and insurance expertise, we have a healthy obsession for solvingproblems and delivering utmost value to our customers. Our team is made up ofself-starters who are driven to produce something great. We thrive in a culturewhere we understand that nobody has all the answers and we’re better when wework together. Our offices are located in Maynard, Massachusetts, RTP, North Carolina and Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Note: Due to COVID19 concerns, our staff is workingremotely. Pending the global health crisis, remote work will be continued forthis position with the ideal candidate residing in regional proximity to any ofour offices to allow for scheduled office visits.
DevOps can mean so many things - to REINits AWS management, version control, keeping a stable infrastructure for ourSoftware Development team, VPN and security management. We’re looking forsomeone with a passion for keeping everything humming along for their Dev's.You will join a team of exceptional developers working in a fast-paced,distributed environment to deliver world-class software. This positioncan be done 100% remote for anyone authorized to work in the US or CANADA.Optional 4 day Work-week is available for this position.
Candidates should be prepared to share examples ofcode they’ve developed and be willing to take a coding test.
- Working with DevOps team to build, manage, deliver online platforms, and support developer tools
- Working with other software engineers, infrastructure, operations, and QA teams to design and implement quality software delivery solutions
- Supporting, troubleshooting, monitoring, and optimizing production systems
- Perform routine maintenance including, patching and upgrades on all systems to ensure security compliance and system health
- Help streamline software development efforts by contributing to the implementation of a continuous integration process and automating manual processes
- Ensure the integration of the Web servers and all other supporting systems
- Help with performance tuning, load testing, optimization of information/data processing, maintenance, and support of the production environment
- Research and evaluate new automation techniques and solutions to improve efficiency and quality
- Standardize, automate, and document setup of development and production environments
- Sound technical understanding of the use and administration of various Linux distributions such as Ubuntu, RHEL, and CentOS. Experience supporting 24x7, high availability internet application environments that include web, application, database servers, and load balancing systems
- Working knowledge of web and application servers management and configuration (e.g. Apache, Nginx, Docker, Rancher). Experience with build, deployment, configuration management automation tools (e.g., Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, Hashicorp Vault, Ansible)
- Experience with virtualization platforms and cloud technologies (AWS, Kubernetes, Docker), log aggregation, performance metrics tools (Elasticsearch, LogStash, Grafana, NewRelic)
- Source Control (like Git, Bitbucket, Svn, VSTS, etc)
- Continuous Integration (like Jenkins, Github Actions, Bamboo, VSTS)
- Infrastructure Automation (like Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Deployment Automation & Orchestration (like Jenkins, VSTS, Octopus Deploy)
- Container Concepts (LXD, Docker)
- Orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm)
- Cloud (like AWS, Azure, GoogleCloud, Openstack, Subnets)
- Security Audits (like ISO 27001)
Requires 3 to 5 years of experience in multiple IT areas
$85,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year